What is Plastic Surgery?
Did you know that the word “plastic” in plastic surgery comes from the Greek word “plastikos”? Plastikos means “the art of modeling” and has nothing to do with the plastic (synthetic material) you probably have in mind. Plastic surgery can be done for both cosmetic and aesthetic reasons or to reconstruct a part of the body.
Reconstructive SurgeryRead More
Reconstructive surgery aims to repair the defects and improve the functioning of your body, such as:
- Tumor removal
- Hand surgery
- Burn surgery
Cosmetic surgery aims to improve the overall appearance and remove signs of aging. Cosmetic surgeries are done voluntarily. The word “surgery” doesn’t necessarily mean that surgeons cut a part of the body. Botox is a good example of this type of surgery. The most popular cosmetic procedures include:
- Rhinoplasty (nose job).Read More
- Facelift (delaying the visible signs of aging)
- Breast enhancementRead More
- Genioplasty (chin surgery)
- Laser skin resurfacing
- Liposuction (fat removal)Read More
- Laser hair removal
Why Choose Iran?
According to many people, Iran is the best country to have plastic surgery in the Middle East. Thus, travelers in the Middle East often head to Iran for liposuction, rhinoplasty, and other kinds of plastic surgery. Iran has become a reference for plastic surgery in the Middle East and attracts tourists from all over the world. It is estimated that more than 30,000 plastic surgeries are performed per year in the country. This high demand can be due to the following reasons:
- Skilled Doctors: The choice of the best plastic surgeon plays an important and crucial role in surgeries and leads to favorable results. Iranian doctors are trained in the country’s top medical universities. Thanks to Iranian surgeon’s unique set of skills, and the latest medical technology at world-class facilities, they perform more than 30,000 plastic surgeries per year.More Info
- Low Costs: Plastic surgery is usually not covered by insurance. As a result, the costs can be quite outrageous. One of the primary reasons to travel to Iran for surgery is that plastic surgery costs in Iran are more affordable. People can generally expect to save at least 60% when performing plastic surgery in Iran as compared to Western countries. These costs include all the travel expenses like airfares, hotel, and food during one’s stay.
- Low Waiting Period: The waiting times for procedures in Iran are usually non-existent. Compare this to the Western nations, for instance, in Canada. It takes a patient about four weeks to consult a specialist while in Iran the patients have immediate access to a specialist. Many people use medical tourism in Iran as an option to get procedures done faster when they are fed up with the waiting times in their native countries.
- Privacy: Privacy is another reason to have plastic surgery away from home. Most of us do not wish to run into our neighbors while recovering. In Iran, you will be able to recuperate in peace and do some sightseeing in the city.