What is Infertility?
Having a baby and becoming a parent is one of the most beautiful and life-changing events that you can experience in your life. Most women are able to conceive a child within one year of trying and it is more likely to get a positive result during the earlier months. Some others (approximately 7%) can have a baby in the second year. That is why it is said that if you have been trying to get pregnant within 12 months but you couldn’t, you’d better see a doctor and make sure that everything is okay.
If you are diagnosed with Infertility (inability to conceive a child), you can get treatment. But first let’s take a look at some of the symptoms that can help you to seek help earlier:
- Irregular menstrual periods: One of the signs which shows that a woman ovulates regularly is having regular menstrual periods (every 21 to 35 days). Ovulation of the egg is necessary for pregnancy. Therefore, if you’re trying to conceive a baby and you have irregular menstrual cycles, do not wait until the 12th month, take action and see a doctor to find out the problem.
- Women over 35: As women age, they are faceed with reduction in the number of eggs and it is less likely for an egg to be genetically normal. Accordingly, if a woman has been trying to have a baby for 6 months or more and the woman is over 35 years old, they’d better be evaluated for infertility.
- A history of sexually transmitted diseases: A sperm must cross the tubes in order to reach the ovulated egg and fertilize it. Therefore, open tubes are essential to get pregnant naturally. Sexually transmitted diseases such as gonorrhea, can damage fallopian tubes and prevent a proper conception. That is why if a woman has a history of pelvic infection, she should get an immediate evaluation if she intends to conceive a child.
Common Causes of Infertility
- Delaying childbirth: As discussed previously, the number of eggs will diminish as a woman ages. A woman beyond the age of 45 is unlikely to get pregnant.
- Endometrial polyps: Endometrial polyps can arise from the inner lining of the uterus and can decrease fertility. In some cases, if the doctor simply removes the polyp, your infertility will be solved.
- Male factor infertility: If the abnormality of semen is confirmed, the man should visit a reproductive urologist to get proper treatment.
- Uterine fibroids: Fibroids are very common among women and have three types. Submucosal fibroids are the type that can reduce the chance of pregnancy and need to be treated so that the couple can have a baby.
Couples need to educate themselves about the symptoms of infertility so that they know when to seek help. Aside from that, your doctor can suggest special treatments to help you conceive a child:
- Medications: In order to stimulate egg development and ovulation, your doctor may prescribe special pills or injections. You should use them as you’re instructed to enhance the chance of conceiving a baby.
- Insemination: Insemination is a method in which they take the sperm and prepare it for placement into the uterine cavity. In this case, there is a probable chance for the sperm to get closer to the ovulated egg. The man needs to be checked for sperm abnormality, otherwise, the sperm cannot swim and fertilize the egg.
- In Vitro Fertilization: IVF means “outside the body” and the reason is that in this process, doctors collect eggs and fertilize them by sperm outside the body, in the laboratory. They check the eggs again after about 40 hours and if they are fertilized, they will be put back in the woman's uterus.
Why Choose Iran for Infertility Treatment?
Aside from affordable prices for infertility treatment in Iran (compared to other countries), there are a number of other reasons that you’d better consider visiting this country to find the best treatment awaiting you:
- Advanced treatment for infertility
- Knowledgeable and experienced specialists
- Well-equipped hospitals and laboratories
- Beautiful attractions to visit while you are in the city