What is Dental Health?
You might not notice, but your dental health (aka oral health) says a lot about your overall health status. Several oral hygiene habits can prevent oral problems such as tooth decay, bad breath, dry mouth, etc.
Oral Hygiene Habits
Poor oral hygiene has negative effects on your health, yet it is usually taken for granted. Dental treatment is costly. Therefore, it is much less troublesome to take care of your teeth before it's too late. If you are experiencing dental pain, don't put off seeing a dentist. Also, try following these oral hygiene habits to keep your teeth healthy and reduce oral diseases:
- Brush your teeth twice a day (with a fluoride toothpaste)
- Don't forget flossing
- Limit your sugar intake
- Have a well-balanced diet
- Schedule regular dental check-ups
Why Choose Iran?
You might want to consider Iran as your dental tourism destination due to the following reasons:
- Affordable prices (the same procedures will cost much higher in the US)
- Highly-experienced dentists
- Well-equipped clinics
- Hospitality of Iranians which is usually considered to be the best part of traveling to Iran
You need to take care of your teeth, otherwise, facing one of the dental problems mentioned below is certain. Just consider how many times you use your mouth and teeth every day for eating different kinds of things.
- Tooth Decay: Cavities, also known as Tooth Decay, are parts of the teeth that are damaged and may even have holes in them. As a result, your teeth will be sensitive when you have a hot, cold, or sweet drink. One way to decrease the number of bacteria and plaque in your mouth is to brush and floss your teeth regularly.
- Gingivitis: Gingivitis or Gum Diseases happen due to poor oral hygiene habits. In this disease, your gums become red and swollen and may bleed when you brush your teeth.
- Periodontitis: If you don't treat gingivitis, it may lead to Periodontitis, which is more serious.
Treating Dental Problems
Dental health is related to the overall health of your body and can help you maintain a healthy body. Oral bacteria can lead to heart disease, premature birth, etc. Therefore, it is necessary to treat oral diseases as early as possible. Also, there are many things you can do to make your teeth look better. Here are short descriptions of the most important ones.
- Braces and Retainers: If your teeth are crooked and you want a nice-looking smile, an orthodontist can straighten your teeth using braces and retainers.
- Teeth Whitening: Teeth Whitening can lighten the natural color of your teeth. There are some teeth whitening methods you can use at home like using whitening toothpaste. But for more professional methods you'd better let the dentist do the job.
- Cleanings: It is harder to reach some parts in your mouth, and some tartar or plaque might remain on your teeth during brushing or flossing. Cleaning can remove any debris remaining between your teeth.
- Fillings and Crowns: If you have a hole, crack or cavity in your tooth, you can repair the damage with a filling. The dentist will use a crown to fill in the gap where a large portion of your teeth has broken off and needs to be removed. In most cases, this process can resolve your problem, but in some rare cases with extreme overbite or underbite, surgery might be a better solution.
- Dental implants: If you have lost a tooth in an accident or any other occasions, an implant can be used to replace the lost tooth by placing it into the jawbone. Then, a crown which suits your other teeth will be added to give it a more natural look.